Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Challenge - Hopeless Romanitc Layout


Thanks for stopping by today!  Dana here sharing my layout for the April Challenge. The main aim of scrapbooking is to turn photographed memories into stories that can be passed down through the generations. Those recording the stories of the photographs are often the photographers, and are therefore not in many pictures themselves. I know I am one of those people. Even though I scrap about my childhood, I rarely scrap about myself as the person I am today, who I am now.

The challenge this month is to create and journal a project about "life as it is now," the subject being "you as an individual."  This challenge is open to interpretation and you can add as much detail as you wish, and share whatever you wish to share about yourself. Hidden journaling for personal information is fine. There is one additional requirement for the challenge, and that is to incorporate the use of buttons into your creation.


I'm a hopeless romantic. Some of my favorite writers are Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters and Virginia Woolf. I am very lucky enough to have my own Mr. Darcy in my life to keep me happy! When I saw the vintage fashion pages, jewelry and book pages in my Zeus and Zoe kit I was thrilled and included various pieces in this embellishment cluster.


I stitched together four pieces of beautiful May Arts ribbons to create this decorative border.


In addition to the gorgeous vintage buttons that I received in my Zeus and Zoe kit, there were also several packages of Ruby Violet embellishments like this button.

I hope you can find the time to enter this challenge!

The winner of April's challenge will receive a kit from the Zeus and Zoe Etsy Shop! The kit includes a package of flowers, stick pins, buttons, ephemera, a La Blanche Stamp, washi tapes, and a package of Magicals from Lindy's Stamp Gang!



Our main sponsor for May was kind enough to send some extra trim for a random winner this month!
The random winner will receive a beautiful selection of ribbon from May Arts!

Here are the rules: 
1. Projects must be linked up to our linky tool in the side bar, using the URL of the ACTUAL POST, not your entire blog. 
2. You may submit as many entries as you would like and combine your entry with up to 2 other challenges. 
3. Post this challenge to your blog and mention, in your post, that you are playing along at Zeus and Zoe TOGETHER with a link back to our Zeus and Zoe blog. 
4. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT EST on the 31st of March. 
5. Entries to be submitted via the linky tool at the top of the sidebar ONLY, not by email and not by linking up in the comments section please. 

Information about our challenges: 
1. Zeus and Zoe Challenges are open to anyone, anywhere in the world. 
2. Our DT do their best to comment on all entries, you can make their job easier by turning off your word verification. 
3. Challenges are held monthly and each month TWO winners are chosen. One winner is chosen by our DT and the other is chosen by random draw. 
4. Challenge winners will always be announced within a week of the challenge closing and winners are then required to contact Marivic. 
5. Prizes not claimed within two weeks will be forfeited. 
6. The Merit winner will have an image of their project featured in the winners post, together with a link back to the homepage of their blog. 
7. Winners will be awarded a Winner's Badge to post on their blog...full bragging rights included! 

We can't wait to see your entries for this challenge! Thank you for your visit!

6 comments:

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really wonderful layout! Love the clustered embellishments!

sandi said...

Wow! What a stunning lo! <3!

Denise van Deventer said...

So stunning Dana...really such a gorgeous page! Love your styling and the fabulous accents!!! Beautiful work!

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful layout Dana, I love the way you stitched the ribbons together. All of the clusters are gorgeous too!

Unknown said...

Dana...

Very pretty!!I love the layers, flower clustering and the banner..Well done!!

Sandie said...

A truly beautiful layout, with so much gorgeous detail....